Underground Locating Services
Know what’s underground before you start digging, or you could end up with a hefty bill.
Hello, my name is Steven. I assist customers in locating underground utility services so that they can safely begin their excavation and digging projects. Here's what I can help with:
Underground Locating Services Melbourne
Know what’s underground before you start your digging, or the alternative could be a costly bill.
Have peace of mind
With two decades of experience, Scantek Group can provide Melbourne customers with prompt and reliable service — saving you time and money in the process and giving you peace of mind knowing you can safely execute your digging projects.
We generally say we’re cheaper than a funeral because you don’t want to make the fatal mistake of digging up a vital electrical cable or bursting a gas pipe. Therefore, it’s safer to give us a call before you begin any digging project.
Our technicians will supply a report advising you of any or all underground utilities, pinpointing where any cable faults are or providing you with a thermal imaging reports of any defects detected in electrical systems and rotating equipment.
If you have an upcoming excavating project, you will need to have a Dial Before You Dig Plan on-site before you begin any earthworks. It’s an essential service when locating underground utilities, and it’s something we can certainly help you with.
Whether you’re a residential customer looking to locate underground services to dig a small hole for gardening projects or a builder looking at more extensive underground locating services, we can cater to all jobs, big and small.
When customers need us
- Customers looking at building a new fence, and they would like to get their underground pipe works mapped out before post holes are dug up.
- Retaining Wall Installers need to know of any underground pipes, connections and water mains prior to digging up holes for steel posts.
- Customers have previously obtained a DBYD (Dial Before You Dig) report but have found it unhelpful and would like a more accurate mapping of underground services.
- Customers want to map out the gas mains from their meter out to the street.
- Customers need an underground asset location as part of a building permit application.
- Builders that demolish existing properties need to locate underground cables and networks before erecting new dwellings.
- Customers want to dig holes for projects close to switchboards and want to know what’s underneath before proceeding with any digging.
- Pest controllers require the concrete surrounding a house to be drilled for termite treatment and therefore need to know if there are any underground services underneath the concrete slab.
- Then clients can’t find any records of existing dwellings and would like to trace the current pipework route.
- The client wants to install an in-ground trampoline and check if it’s safe to dig underground in the designated area.
Pipe and Cable Locating
The key to any excavation project is knowing exactly what is underground before you start digging. Failure to identify any underground assets and the result can become very costly (in some cases even illegal).
Cable Fault Detection
Underground cable faults can present themselves as a minor inconvenience to private dwellings or a major — and expensive — problem to locate and rectify for commercial and industrial facilities.
The detection of faults in electrical systems and rotating equipment can prevent costly damage and downtime for commercial and industrial customers and may also be a prerequisite requirement for insurance purposes.